All aspects of general marine surveying can be undertaken by our consultant surveyors. Most vessel types are covered, e.g. bulk carriers, tankers (oil and combination), general cargo, multi-purpose ships, container vessels, and cargo Ro-Ro, and vehicle carriers.
JNB plc will provide clients with a thorough and consistently high quality survey, together with prompt and clear reporting in order to give an accurate, technical assessment of the situation.
- Condition surveys
- Hull and Machinery damage
- Draught surveys
- Repair cost estimation
- Machinery inspection
- Ship pre-vetting (for OCIMF SIRE) and safety audits
- Bunker disputes
- Pollution control
- Cargo supervision (general / dry bulk cargo)
- Container stowage and securing
- Project cargo inspections
- Stevedore damage
- Vessel cargo handling gear (lifting appliances)
- Dock / berth handling gear damage
Our cargo surveyors are master mariners, with extensive sea-going experience of a wide range of commodities. JNB’s cargo surveyors are able to provide accurate assessments of cause, nature and extent of damage to cargoes.
Container Stuffing & De-stuffing – Survey of internal & external condition of the container, followed by condition & tally of cargo being stuffed/de-stuffed
Warehouse Surveys – Assessing the condition & tally of the cargo at the warehouse
Weighbridge Supervision – Witnessing & reporting the tare weight of the vehicle prior loading and later on witnessing the weight of the same vehicle to ascertain the quantity loaded.
- Bulk commodities
- Oil products
- Refrigerated perishables
- Project cargo
Our Unique planned / preventive maintenance system is developed by our pool of widely experienced personnel in electromechanical machinery and equipment. Essential introductory training is given to operators ensuring a package solution is rendered.
We plan to assist clients by giving detailed, yet clear, views on the technical aspects of a case. Our technical expertise in shipping allows us to analyze incidents, such as ship stranding, bulkhead failure, cargo stow collapse, mixed oil products, collisions, etc…
Areas of Investigation:
- Structural failure
- Ship stability (intact / damage)
- Hull damage
- Total loss, grounding, stranding
- Collision analysis (speed and angle of blow)
- Container lashing and securing
- Project cargo securing
- Fire and explosion
- Machinery damage
- Ship performance analysis
- Class and statutory compliance
- Unsafe port claims
- Oil and bulk cargo loss
- Deck cargo loss
- Lifting appliances
Risk Management Services
JNB Marine Consultants & Services offers Risk Management Services to evaluate and analyze Risks.
The risk assessment is carried out using a holistic approach which is in line with classification society and statutory compliance.
- Identify and manage risk
- Maintain compliance
- Eliminate wasted efforts
- Establish monitoring
- Address asset quality issues
- Reduction in risk perception with P&I clubs thus favorably impacting insurance premiums.
- Risk Analysis
- Process Safety Analysis
- Likelihood and Consequences Analysis
- Resulting Impact and Control Measures
- Risk Reduction Methods
- Cost – Benefit Analysis
- Risk Manual Preparation
- Tailored Risk Training
- Charter Party Contract Reviews
- Other Specific Risk Related Services as per Customer Requirement
Planning and Supervision
Short term basic trainings on the operation, maintenance and repair of:
- General and break-bulk cargo loading and lashing/securing supervision
- Project cargo lashing / sea-fastening design
- Project cargo rigging design
- Project cargo loading, heavy lifting and securing / sea-fastening procedures, planning and on site supervision
- Oil cargo loading/discharging supervision
- JNB undertakes both routine and post-incident condition surveys on behalf of a variety of clients including Owners, Charterers, Shippers, P&I clubs and Underwriters.
- Surveys can be performed to the client’s own specification, and where required reported in the client’s own pro-forma survey report formation.
- Typical Surveys:
- Damage surveys of fixed and floating objects
- P&I entry
- Sale and purchase
- On-off hire
- Container condition survey
- Vessel Suitability Surveys